I am loving this holiday event, as if I needed an excuse to stop by the Brook…Shop some great local vendors and enjoy complimentary appetizers next Wednesday from 6-8pm! Click the photo below for more info!
I’ve got the lowdown on the holiday cheer this weekend. For events, recipes, crafts, guides and MUCH more, click here for our area’s original family holiday guide. Also starting today the voting is open for the 3rd Annual Mamatoga Family Choice Awards! Saratoga’s first awards just for families is back for you to pick your favorites for 2014. Click here to vote on the first category, Best Date Night Restaurant! See the photo below for Santa’s Cottage hours and info, it’s open for the season!
- Ellms Family Farm is open to get your Christmas tree! Click here to visit their site now for their hours and more info.
- Speaking of restaurants, Saratoga Restaurant Week starts tonight! From December 6 through the 12th, you can get a 3-Course dinner for just $10, $20 or $30 at participating Saratoga County restaurants during Saratoga County Restaurant Week! Start off with your choice of an appetizer or salad, then choose from a menu of sumptuous entrees, and top it off with a decadent dessert. Plus some participating restaurants are offering lunch specials for just $5 or $10. Saratoga County Restaurant Week is the perfect time to get out and try new restaurants! Reservations are strongly suggested during Saratoga County Restaurant Week and can be made by calling the restaurant of your choice. For a full list of participating restaurants, click here.
- Also on Friday December 6th don’t miss the annual Tree Lighting Ceremony in City Park and holiday events and family fun throughout Downtown Glens Falls. The community is encouraged to gather at 5:30pm in City Park alongside the Bay Street side of the library for the official tree lighting. Music from the Salvation Army Band, greetings from the Mayor, the lighting of the new Glens Falls Holiday Tree and the arrival of Santa will kick off the 2013 Hometown Holiday event. Once the tree is lit, Santa will arrive and greet the crowd before heading off to Glens Falls National Bank where he will eagerly hear the Christmas wishes of local children.
- The Saratoga Festival of Trees continues on Friday, December 6th from 2-6pm. Tickets are $8 Adults, $5 Seniors, $3 Children over 10, and Children under 10 are free.
- Santa’s Cottage is open on Friday from 4-7pm, located in front of Putnam Market on Broadway in Saratoga Springs. For more info on this and all of the holiday goings on, click here.
- The Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation Candlelight House Tour is also on Friday, December 6th from 5-7pm in the Eastside Neigborhood of Saratoga Springs. The annual Candlelight House Tour is a premier holiday event; explore the interiors of some of Saratoga’s most beautiful homes in historic neighborhoods. This year’s tour will take you through homes in the Eastside neigborhood of Marion Place – Court Street with an after party at the historic Union Gables Bed & Breakfast. Tour only tickets are $40 for members and $50 non-members. Tour and Reception Tickets are $75 for members and $85 for non-members. Click here to buy tickets.
The Ballston Spa Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting is on Friday, December 6th from 6:30 to 9pm in Downtown Ballston Spa. The parade steps off at 6:30 pm, proceeding on Milton Avenue and ending in Wiswall Park on Front Street with Santa lighting the Christmas tree. The parade has become a hometown-style holiday tradition, with fire trucks, floats, animals, kids and Santa parading down the main street of the village. Before and after the parade, there will be carolers and musicians on the street corners and many village shops and restaurants will be open with music, demonstrations and displays as part of First Friday, which also falls on this festive evening.
- Santa’s Cottage is open on Friday from 1-4pm, located in front of Putnam Market on Broadway in Saratoga Springs.
- The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is from 9am-1 pm now located at the Lincoln Baths building in Saratoga Spa State Park, 65 South Broadway.
- It is Family Day at the Saratoga Festival of Trees on Saturday, December 7th from 11am to 6pm with some special family and kids events. Reservations are required for these events, call (518) 587-5000 to reserve your spot, they fill up fast! Breakfast with Santa – Seatings at 8, 9:30 and 11am – $8 per person Sundaes with Santa – Seating at 12:30pm – $8 per person Santa’s Workshop – 8am – 2pm – $1 per activity
- Making its annual return to the Main stage at Proctors Theater is everyone’s favorite holiday ballet, the Nutcracker! Enter a world of Christmas dreams to the joyous music of Tchaikovsky in this annual year-end favorite. Join the Sugar Plum Fairy, the heroic Nutcracker Prince and the evil Rat King in this whimsical celebration of the season. Tickets are available for both performances on December 7th and 8th here, and p.s. if you come to the Sunday, December 8th performance you might just catch a glimpse of my very own pint sized ballerina!
- Santa’s Cottage is open on Friday from 1-4pm, located in front of Putnam Market on Broadway in Saratoga Springs.
- The Spa City Farmers Market is from 10am-3pm at the Lincoln Baths at the Saratoga Spa State Park, 65 South Broadway. Don’t forget to check out at the Spa City Cafe located on the second floor of the Lincoln Baths.
- Catch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as part of the winter Family Film Series at the Charles R. Wood Theater in Glens Falls. Cost is $5, show time is at 2pm.
Thanksgiving is just a couple days away and that means the holiday season will be in full swing! Another sign the season is upon us? Ellms’ Christmas Trees opens this Friday, November 29th! Come choose that aromatic REAL Christmas tree while enjoying a cup of their complimentary hot chocolate and candy canes. Plan on having a bite at Calla’s Cafe! Watch Santa and his elves parachute in on Thanksgiving weekend to entertain all kids, young and old! Make a new family tradition this year at Ellms’, such a classic family outing, we can’t wait!
Ellms’ Christmas Trees is a family-run operation at the Ellms Farms which began about 25 years ago when the first field was planted. The farm consists of 220 acres of ponds, forests and Christmas tree fields. As you enter the farm, you will follow the signs directing you to the off-road parking area right next to the heart of the operation. A trolley ride to and from the fields is included, and they help you with everything you need to get your tree home. They also have some gorgeous wreaths and swag to “spruce” up your home in the traditional holiday style. Don’t want to cut your own? They also have a great selection of pre-cut trees as well.
Ellms’ Christmas Trees will be open on Friday, November 29th to Saturday, December 22nd. Monday through Friday they will be open from 10:30-4:45, and Saturday and Sundays they will be open from 9am to 4:45pm. Santa will parachute in on Saturday, November 30th at 2pm ***WEATHER PERMITTING*** check their website here to make sure on the day of.
The Northland Newfoundland Club will bring it’s “Newfies” to take trees to cars on Saturday, December 14th from 12-3pm.
Read more about what types of farm fresh trees they have and how to choose the right one here. For their website including hours and directions, click right here. For more Holiday Events and resources, click right here for the Mamatoga Holiday Guide, our area’s number one go to for family holiday fun! xoxo
You don’t have to go to the big box stores this Black Friday for incredible savings. You’ll find them in the local boutiques and shops in the downtown area of Saratoga Springs! On Black Friday, November 29th over a dozen stores and restaurants in downtown Saratoga are opening up at 6am and offering progressive savings of 50% from 6 to 7am, 40% from 7 to 8am, 30% from 8 to 9am and 20% throughout the rest of the day on select items throughout their stores.
Businesses from Church St. to Broadway to Phila Street will welcome you in with savings you’ll be happy you woke up early for. The first 50 shoppers who make a purchase in each business will get a complimentary Black Friday Saratoga shopping bag, courtesy of Network Saratoga and Saratoga County Restaurant Week presented by Saratoga Convention and Tourism Bureau.
To stay in the loop on the local Black Friday shopping event, go like them on facebook here. Beginning Wednesday, November 27 all businesses and their hourly offerings will be listed on blackfridaysaratoga.com.
Looking for holiday ideas? Check out the Mamatoga Holiday Guide right here with all the info you need on local events, gift guides, recipes and more!
- The Wilton Mall will be hosting their annual Breakfast with Santa on Saturday from 8am-10am in the food court. All kids will receive a free breakfast courtesy of Price Chopper and the chance to meet the man in red! The Children’s Museum of Saratoga will also be on site hosting their November Kids Club- they will have crafts, activities, and games for the kids to enjoy. Registration is required prior to this event, please call 518-581-5999 to reserve your spot!
- Santa will also be having breakfast at the Clifton Park Center Mall on Saturday from 8-10am. Join 99.5 the River for fun, games and a FREE breakfast for kids at the mall food court. Seating is limited, so reserve your spot today by calling them at (518) 371-7010 ext. 103.
- The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is from 9am-1 pm now located at the Lincoln Baths building in Saratoga Spa State Park, 65 South Broadway. The market is collecting non-perishable donations for local food pantries, choosing a different organization to help out each month. For November the Franklin Community Center will receive the donations. The donation box at the market will be near the front entrance of the Lincoln Baths building.
- The Saratoga Santa is coming to the Spa City Farmers Market this Sunday, November 24th! And Dancin’ Time Entertainment will be providing professional quality photos with a festive backdrop of your little ones with the famous and authentic “Saratoga Santa” on the spot! (great for those Holiday cards). So make sure you get all your fixings for Thanksgiving at the market and have a visit with the REAL Santa! The Spa City Farmers Market is from 10am-3pm at the Lincoln Baths at the Saratoga Spa State Park, 65 South Broadway.
- Congregation Shaara Tfille celebrates Chanukah on Sunday at 11am. Open to the entire community, the event will begin with a dairy luncheon including latkes and other festive foods. Located at 84 Weibel Avenue in Saratoga Springs, cost is $12 people over 13.
- The Annual South Glens Falls Holiday Parade is on Sunday at Route 9, South Glens Falls. This year’s theme is “Winter Wonderland!” The parade steps off at 1pm.
- On Sunday, Nov 24th take the kids to see Disney’s Finding Nemo as part of the Family Film Series at the Charles R. Wood Theater at 2pm.
Cost is $5.
- Head to Northshire Bookstore for a great children’s event on Sunday at 10:30am. Join picture book author Kate Sullivan as she presents her charming new book about how a child can build a community. It’s the first day of winter vacation and Stella Mae Culpepper is bored. As she looks out from the window of her second-floor apartment, she can see all of the usual happenings on Linden Square, her city neighborhood. Normally everyone in the neighborhood is too busy minding their own business to pay much attention to anyone else. But now it’s the first day of winter vacation and a storm is coming. Not just any storm but a big, wonderful winter storm. It’s a blizzard! And when the snow finally stops and Stella Mae ventures outside to play, something quite marvelous happens on Linden Square.
Blue Iris Photography is quickly becoming one of the most in demand family portrait photographers in our area, with her Holiday Mini sessions selling out each time she announces them! She’s added one last chance to capture some holiday memories in beautiful photographs in a one hour custom session where everything is set up and ready to go. The sessions will take place at her home studio in Ballston Spa on Dec. 7th and 8th, and your family will save $50 on your edited CD as a bonus. Want to see some of her work? Click the video below, and make your reservation today by calling (518) 320-4862 or emailing Linda at Linda@blueirisphotos.com, but hurry up before they are all booked!