- Discover corn maze fun for young and old, pumpkin patches for pick-your-own-pumpkins, and old-fashioned activities for Fall family fun at Ellms Family Farm! Wonderful outdoor fun and awesome apple cider donuts create memories and family traditions when you visit Ellms Family Farm. Browse their pick-your-own-pumpkin patch and choose that special pumpkin, ride on their MooMooChooChoo, or jump on the Jumping Pillow – an Ellms Family Farm favorite! Take a leisurely break and have fun on their scenic trolley ride, or just sit and relax in the comfort of their inviting farm market setting! New this year–pan for gemstones at Ellms Mining Company, climb on their new Tire Climb and grab some irresistible kettle corn as you enjoy the farm! For more information, call: (518) 884-8168, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
- Check out the Haunted House and Hayride at Gavin Park this weekend October 24 & 25 – Haunted House & Hayride and the Hayride Only on October 31st. Details: 5-10pm, 4pm to 6pm is For “Little Screamers”!Games, Costume Judging, Bounce House, Refreshments, and other Ghoulish Fun! All events run rain or shine, cost for the Hayride and Haunted House is $10, ask for special family rates too! For more information please call 260-9922 or 729-9417. All proceeds will benefit Operation Adopt a Soldier & Veterans. Sponsored by John Vincek, John Ariel Farms & The Town of Wilton.
- Free Yoga in the Atrium: Gentle Vinyasa Flow today from 8:30–9:30am at Healthy Living Market and Cafe. Join Melissa for a gentle yoga class that’s appropriate for all ages and all experience levels; it’s a very easy and relaxing class, and a great stress reliever. This Yoga class is FREE but pre-registration is required. Register here or give them a call at (518) 306 4900.
- The 13th Annual Saratoga Downtown Business Association Fall Festival is today from 10am to 5pm! Admission is free, bring the whole family to celebrate the fall season in beautiful downtown Saratoga Springs with fun and games. All the kids dress up in their costumes, and bring a bucket for trick or treating at the shops along Broadway! Events this year include:Face painting, Rock climbing wall, Children’s costume parade, Pumpkin races, Music performances, Magic shows, Trick or treating, Petting zoo, Cupcake decorating, Pony rides and be sure to stop by Northshire Bookstore where I’ll be helping kids do a great Halloween craft!
- The Saturday Club is today at the Children’s Museum at Saratoga from 10am to 12pm. Every Saturday will focus on a new topic that will be both educational and fun! This week kids will design paper boats. Call them at (518) 584-5540 for more information.
- Kids can make a Halloween Nature Craft at Wilton Wildlife Preserve & Park today at 1pm and learn more about nature-inspired Halloween decorations to hang around your home. Call them at (518) 450-0321for more information.
- Make a Mixed-Media Mask at the Tang Museum today as part of their Family Saturdays from 2-3:30pm. Inspired by Jeff Sonhouse’s work in Slow Motion, kids will make fanciful masks that incorporate such materials as toothpicks (with frills and without), Q-tips, straws, and more! The Tang also offers children ages 5 and older a chance to express their creativity in the museum through its Family Saturdays programs. This program is free, call them at 518-580-8080 to make a reservation.
- Prenatal and Mommy and Me Yoga starts this Saturday from 4 till 5pm at Rise Yoga & Movement Arts Center on Broadway, (above Kilwins and Northshire Bookstore on the second floor), cost is $10 and you can just drop in, no registration necessary. Click here for more info.
- Do You Want To Build a Fire? is today at the Saratoga Spa State Park at 10am. Learn how to build a fire and cook camp bread over an open flame! This program is appropriate for ages 7 and up. Registration is required. Please call (518) 584-2000 Ext. 116 to register. Fee is $3 per person or $5 per family.
- Get the Halloween Costumes ready for Sunday at the Spa City Farmers Market from 10am-3pm! They want to close out this fabulous 2014 summer season with a spooky good time before they head back inside the Lincoln Baths in the beginning of November. Kids can enjoy Trick or Treating at the market, plus lots of fun activities: Making sparkling slime with Crystal, Pumpkin passing game with musical guest, Ben Rounds, Balloon Gal Jenny and her fun balloon creations, Apple Cider Doughnuts on a string, and more! The Spa City Farmers Market runs from 10am-3pm and is located at the Lincoln Baths at Saratoga Spa State Park, 65 South Broadway & 99 South Broadway in Saratoga Springs (by the South Broadway entrance to the park in the big white building).
- Scary Story Night 2014 at Ndakinna Education Center is tonight at 5pm at the Ndakinna Education Center, 2 Middle Grove Road in Greenfield Center. On this dark and scary Sunday in late October, they are proud to present the Fifteenth Annual SCARY STORY NIGHT. This evening of spooky Native tales will be hosted by the well-known storytelling trio of Joseph, James, and Jesse Bruchac. The first performance will focus on stories that may be a bit frightening, but not too scary for smaller children. Call them at (518) 583-9958 for more info.