- Story time for preschoolers & toddlers is this morning at Northshire Bookstore on Broadway in Saratoga at 10:30, head down to see if your child can find Tally Ho! and win some loot!
- Hundreds of hot air balloons take to the sky at the 42nd Annual Adirondack Balloon Festival, taking place September 18th – 21st. There will be balloons of all shapes and size. Watch from the ground as they take off into the sky or go for a ride and see a view you won’t soon forget! Free admission.
- Ellms Family Farm opens today! Discover corn maze fun for young and old, pumpkin patches for pick-your-own-pumpkins, and old-fashioned activities for Fall family fun! Evening Halloween hayrides (not too scary for the tiny tots!) and awesome apple cider donuts create memories and family traditions when you visit Ellms Family Farm.
- The Northeast Ballet Company Nutcracker auditions are today at Proctors Theater and everyone is welcome to audition!Audition times are as follows:
12:00 -1:00 pm Children’s roles (age 5-8, must be 5 on 9/20/14)
1:00 – 2:30 pm Children’s roles (age 9-12)
2:30 – 3:30 pm Act One-Party Scene (Adult roles-Actors/Dancers)
3:30 – 5:00 pm Variations (Age 13 & up, Ladies please
bring pointe shoes if on pointe)
Registration fee is $25.00 (cash, check or charge)
Registration forms will be available on audition day.
For more information about the Northeast Ballet Company, click right here.
- Celebrate at the Saratoga Springs City Center’s 30th Anniversary with a Family Fun Day! In honor of the City Center’s success, they are opening their doors for a family fun celebration on Saturday, September 20th for a day full of fun. Free and Open to the Public from 10am – 10pm. Starting with the Kids Cook Off at the Farmers’ Market, Petting Zoo and Pony Rides, Bounce Houses, Children’s Music and Crafts, Lots of Entertainment – ending with the Outdoor Movie on the Street at Dusk!
- It’s Nickelodeon’s WORLDWIDE Day of Play today and you can celebrate at The Children’s Museum at Saratoga on Saturday, September 20th from 9:30am to 4:30pm. Enjoy 1/2 price admission & a day full of special activities including Exercise Activities with Go Kids from 12:30pm-3pm, Self-guided scavenger hunts throughout the museum, a Special Autumn Story Art Program at 1pm in the art room, “What’s Inside Me with Stuffee” Program at 2:30pm in the art room (enjoy a healthy snack while learning about health & nutrition) and Roller Coaster Building from 10am-12pm in the art room! Be sure to stop in and play!
- The Henry Street Harvest Festival is today from 12-4pm in Saratoga Springs and is so much fun for the entire family! Activities include live music, a dance performance, entertainment, festive food, seasonal snacks, pumpkin decorating, face painting, a dunking booth (you might even see a familiar face in that dunking booth around 2:30, hint hint), and a live broadcast from 101.3 The Jockey. The Henry Street Harvest Festival is one of Saratoga Springs’ most fun family events, and each year brings bigger crowds! Last year more than 1,000 people came out and supported this event. This year will be even bigger, click here for more info!
- The beautiful Yaddo Gardens are open to the public year round. This September, however, Yaddo welcomes guests to the Yaddo Mansion and various other buildings for the first time since 2011 and only the sixth time in history. Tours will be offered that feature sites on the private portion of the estate not ordinarily available to the public. Tickets for the tour must be purchased in advance, click here for more info.
Need even more ideas for weekend family fun? Check out the Mamatoga September Calendar (and get a sneak peek at October’s line up) by clicking the photo below! Have a great weekend everyone! xoxo